v0.2 of both the LJ client and FotoBilder client are now available for download.
These represent a significant improvement over v0.1 in functionality and usability.
- Upload security options in FotoBilder client
- Server settings (and optionally password) stored by client
- Interface scaling greatly improved, and text entry area makes best use of the space available, and scrolls.
- Per-post screening option is now available for posting to LJ
- Working files have more useful names (easier to find your post if your computer crashes!)
- File storage has moved! Now in $HOME/journals
(on windows: C:\Documents and Settings\username
You may want to move your downloaded history to the new location before syncing.
(Please read http://www.phase.org/files/INSTALL_GTK.txt
- Autosave STOPS when you upload, even if you start editing again. This should change.
- GTK text area isn't the best edit interface - the clients will *eventually* switch to Scintilla.
- File load dialog isn't the best way to manage past entries! A manager interface will follow later.
- Initial sync isn't perfect if you already have a lot of entries in your journal. This needs to be recoded to use a different aspect of the LJ remote interface.
- No "increase security on past posts" option. This will follow in time. Current Mood: accomplished